Momesso Andrea wrote:
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0800, Kyle Bader wrote:
   This is a great method that I utilize:

   http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

And what about the database?

I like LVM snapshotting for databases, but that takes some planning and you have to stop the database. However your mysqlbackup are actually very unsafe because I know for certain that Mediawiki uses Innodb tables. mysqlbackup does not guarantee a lock (I forget the actual details of the issue) for Innodb so your backup could be crap. Chances are you'd be fine on a database that isn't very busy, but don't get in the habit of doing it that way.

kashani