On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:57:43AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    Again, I don't imagine ANY of what we're talking about here will
> work for a Windows machine printing to a Linux cups server if a Linux
> machine on the same network cannot print to that server.

Technically not true.

I had a Lexmark Z810 inkjet that refused to print from my linux
desktop, and the problem is almost certainly the print driver. But the
inkjet printed just fine over the network from a Windows machine if I
setup a raw queue and installed the bundled driver on the Windows
machine.

I eventually decided to just connect the printer to the Windows
machine because it seems a bit silly to run a cups server just so the
single Windows machine (and only that machine) on the network can
print to it.

Willie W. Wong                                      ww...@math.princeton.edu
408 Fine Hall,  Department of Mathematics,  Princeton University,  Princeton
A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given.