Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 06:34:39 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Another problem, this time not technical. I just don't want many of those packages in my world file. I want to use depclean and have those packages removed when the package that depends on them is also removed. The depclean feature just got useless for those packages.

That's incorrect. You only need the packages you use in world, portage is
clever enough to figure out which dependencies are needed by 3.5 packages.

But it wants to unmerge these for example:

  kde-base/kate
  kde-base/kdebase-startkde
  kde-base/ksmserver

These were dependencies and therefore were not in my world file. If they get unmerge, things will break. KDevelop will break without Kate, and KDE 3.5 itself will break without the other two. :P