On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 04:20:25AM +0200, Penguin Lover Nikos Chantziaras
squawked:
> I'm not using -meta packages.  Many packages they pulled in was stuff I
> don't wanted (like PIM).  I emerged KDE packages one-by-one and went with
> what got pulled in as dependencies.

Uh.. then what exactly were you complaining about? The only thing that
depends on kdebase-startkde is kdebase-meta, at least in a
standard-ish installation of KDE using the meta packages.

Let me put it this way: by not installing the -meta package, you
explicitly say that you think you know better than the kde devs in
what makes a basic, useable, KDE desktop. And now you complain because
your subset of KDE packages does not contain everything you need?

Okay, all jokes aside: since you have particular wants and don't-wants
with regards to the KDE packaging, I really suggest that instead of
keeping all that junk in your world file, that you create your own
overlay and write your own -meta ebuild. My guess is just copying the
kde-meta ebuild and editting the RDEPEND variable to reflect the
actual packages you want will do it.

HTH,

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 745 days,  1:42