Anyone else here who is a udept user?  I really like the dep tool but
the last few upgrades have announced the it has been masked in
preparation for being dropped.  The reason given is `Dead upstream'.

Anyone know why that is.  Is the code in terrible shape or is it being
eclipsed by something else.

I like having a big variety of portage tools

Looking at the Change log... which is riddled with really useless
cutsey comments, I wonder if it just too damned cute to put up with
.. hehe.   Apparently the last change was Aug 25 2006 so over 2.5
years.  The tool seems to work good though.

Honestly though can anyone throw some light on the udept situation?