Peter Humphrey schrieb:
> On Monday 12 January 2009 20:12:16 Norman Rieß wrote:
>

>> So here is the screenshot.
>> http://www.smash-net.org/bilder/cups.png
>> Notice: loki is the client and asgard is the server connected to the
>> printer.
>>
>> The upper left shell shows the configuration cupsd.conf on the _server_.
>> You see the "Allow ...." statements in the "Location"-tags. These
>> statements configure which IP's shall be allowed to print and browse the
>> configuration-webpage.
>> In the browser you see the webpage on the server. I am sorry it is in
>> german, but i guess you will get the point. You see the printer
>> connected and configured there.
>> That is all on the serverside.
>>
>> Bottom left you see a cat of the client.conf with its only statement,
>> the cupsserver. You do _not_ configure printers here!
>> You see the lpstat sees the printer on the server. And you see the gedit
>> printingdialog sees the printer.
>>

> Thanks. That's exactly what I have. Do you have ldap in your print server's
> cups USE flags? Or gnutls?

These are my flags:

USE="-X -gtk -gtk2 -qt3 -qt4 -gnome -kde unicode nls samba mmx sse 3dnow
-mysql"
USE="3dnow acl apache2 berkdb bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cups dri fortran
gdbm gpm iconv ipv6 isdnlog ldap mailwrapper midi mmx mudflap ncurses
nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl pppd python readline reflection
samba session snmp spl sse ssl sysfs tcpd truetype unicode x86 xml xorg
zlib"

package.use
net-print/cups jpeg nls pam png ppds ssl tiff X