Hi,

I'm running a gentoo system on a computer with an intel onboard
graphics card. lspci says:
(snip)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 02)

OK - there are TWO PCI IDs for graphics cards here. I used 00:02.0 in
my xorg.conf.

My monitor is connected to the PC via the digital connector (not the
analog VGA connector, which is unused).

Everyting is working fine (mostly), BUT in my Xorg.log.0 I always find
following error messages (marked EE or WW):

(WW) intel: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found

(EE) intel(0): First SDVO output reported failure to sync

(EE) intel(0): I830 Vblank Pipe Setup Failed 0

(EE) intel(0): Unable to write to SDVOCTRL_E for SDVOB Slave 0x70.

What do they mean? Can I get read of them? Is something wrong with my
setup?

Furthermore yesterday I had a total lockup when I came to work at the
morning --- could not login at kdm, kdm would ignore all keyboard
input etc. I had to do a hard restart with the "Magic SysRQ" key
(remount ro, hard reboot).

What's going on here?
- TIA - Wolfgang