Grant wrote:
>>> When this was asked a few weeks ago someone then asked why
>>> --with-bdeps Y isn't the default? This seems to burn nearly everyone
>>> once in awhile.
>>>
>> Because using --with-bdeps y causes unnecessary compilation of packages
>> that don't need t0 be changed. They won't be used again until the
>> dependent package is updated, so why waste time rebuilding them in the
>> interim?
>>
>> No one really gets "burned" by this, they just wonder why installed
>> packages aren't upgraded, nothing stops working.
>>

> I added:
>
> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps n"
>
> to make.conf and ran 'emerge --depclean' and it got rid of a bunch of
> stuff, but I'm still confused by boost.  --depclean didn't remove it,
> 'emerge -avDuN world' doesn't downgrade it even --with-bdeps y, but
> 'emerge -pv boost' would downgrade it.  I also re-emerged twinkle and
> rb_libtorrent which are the packages that depend on boost, but the
> result is the same.
>
> Also man seems to be broken after that --depclean.  When I try to use
> it, I get errors starting with:
>
> sh: /usr/bin/unlzma: No such file or directory
>
> - Grant

This may help.

r...@smoker / # equery belongs /usr/bin/unlzma
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/bin/unlzma in *... ]
app-arch/lzma-utils-4.32.7 (/usr/bin/unlzma -> lzma)
r...@smoker / #

I would rebuild that or see why it is not already installed.  I would
think that would be part of system???  I'm not sure tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)