Hi

I have in the last few days tried to get awstats up and running on my gentoo box but without any luck.

I have emerge awstats without any problems and added this to my apache configuration (/etc/apache/httpd.conf)

#AWStats configuration
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/htdocs/ classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/htdocs/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/htdocs/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/htdocs/cgi- bin/"

<Directory "/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/hostroot/cgi-bin/">
Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r1/htdocs/s>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Include /etc/apache2/awstats.conf

I have added this to my vhost file

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/www.testsite.test/access_log combined

and restarted my apache server.

I can run

/usr/share/webapps/awstats/6.9-r/hostroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=www.testsite.test -update

and it seem to perform the operation fine...

The problem occurs when I try to view awstats in my browser:

http://www.testsite.test/awstats/awstats.pl?config=www.testsite.test

Then I get a http 403 error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /awstats/awstats.pl on this server.

I have tried a lot of guides and howto after browsing google, but non of them seems to do the final trick of letting me access awstats

Do anyone know of a solution to the 403 error or a reference to a up- to-date guide on how to setup awstats on gentoo.

Regards

Joe