On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:03:17 -0800, Grant wrote:

> >>  * In order to use hostapd you need to set up your wireless card
> >>  * for master mode in /etc/conf.d/net and then start
> >>  * /etc/init.d/hostapd.
> >>  *
> >>  * Example configuration:
> >>  *
> >>  * config_wlan0=( "192.168.1.1/24" )
> >>  * channel_wlan0="6"
> >>  * essid_wlan0="test"
> >>  * mode_wlan0="master"
> >>
> >> But doing that I get:
> >>
> >> ath0 does not support setting the mode to "master"
> >
> > You're using the wrong interface name. MadWifi uses ath0, ath5k uses
> > wlan0.

> Yes but I have:
>
> udev: renamed network interface wlan0 to ath0
>
> Could that be a problem?

I don't understand why you need to rename the interface from the standard
kernel nomenclature to something non-standard, but that's by the by.

You still have conflicting names if you have wlan0 in conf.d/net. Another
possibility is that ath5k does not support master mode yet, I get an
error trying to switch it to Master here.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 00D: Window closed - Do not look outside