On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:09:22 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > I wonder if magic sysrq would have worked? I don't think I tried it
> > when my keyboard became dead.

It should do, because that goes direct to th kernel, and it is only X that
cannot read the keyboard.

> I couldn't find where I wrote those key sequences down so I couldn't try
> that.

There are some strange mnemonics involving elephants, that are harder to
remember than the key sequence. The easy way to remember the full
sequence is BUSIER backwards.

Alt+SysRq+R-E-I-S-U-B

--
Neil Bothwick

Programming Language: (n.) a shorthand way of describing a series of bugs
                      to a computer or a programmer.