090420 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Monday 20 April 2009 16:25:07 Philip Webb wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me the command to pre-start KDE libs with another desktop ?
> I believe it's kcminit but it doesn't show up in ps afterwards.

Thanks for the hint, which got me to look at what's running via 'htop'.
This reveals that 'konsole' -- the 1st app I started after Fluxbox --
caused the following processes to start & remain running :

  3863 kdeinit running ...
  3866 dcopserver [kdeinit] --nosid --suicide
  3868 klauncher [kdeinit] --new-startup
  3870 kded [kdeinit] --new-startup

So it looks as if the needed command is 'kdeinit'.

Does anyone else have any advice ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca