090420 Philip Webb wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the command to pre-start KDE libs with another desktop ?
> Htop reveals that 'konsole' -- the 1st app I started after Fluxbox --
> caused the following processes to start & remain running :
>
>   3863 kdeinit running ...
>   3866 dcopserver [kdeinit] --nosid --suicide
>   3868 klauncher [kdeinit] --new-startup
>   3870 kded [kdeinit] --new-startup
>
> So it looks as if the needed command is 'kdeinit'.

I added 'kdeinit &' to  ~/.xinitrc  & it made a small difference :
Konsole starts  3 s  sooner (wry smile).  Also, that's only after a boot:
otherwise, the KDE libs stay in memory when the WM terminates
& are instantly reloaded when Konsole asks for them.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca