> Unplug all your electronic devices and plug in a lamp with
> a 100 Watt
> incandescent light build. With the lamp on unplug the UPS
> from the
> wall and see what happens. If the battery is dead it won't
> last all
> that long.

Gave ~5 mins. So I let it charge for 24 hrs now it gives me 36 mins. Which is
wierd; what happened to all that charge? I haven't had to use it for 6-7 mons.
Isn't the unit supposed to stay topped-up?

Another thing: When I do the remove-the-usb-cable test I don't see the
"communication lost" error in apcupsd.events until I switch the dial-up off and
on quickly!

In the conf file I have DEVICE: /dev/ttyS[0-3] because the default, /dev/ttyS0,
locks out the modem. But why does the UPS need to know about serial ports? It
connects by this funny RJ-45/USB cable. I wonder does the manufacturer assume
the serial port won't be used?

mw

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!
Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/