> It's not supposed to say DEVICE /dev/ttyS0 for USB, it
> should just be
> blank as per /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf

Previously I had v.3.14 which I had installed from a tarball; now I'm using
3.12 installed via portage. And even though in both cases the conf file
defaults to UPSTYPE usb the DEVICE has been listed as /dev/ttyS0. 3.14
complained it couldn't read the port whatever I put for DEVICE, /dev/ttyS0 or
/dev/ttyS[0-3] or leaving just DEVICE followed by a blank. Now at least
#apcaccess status reports something besides an error.

mw

http://www.flickr.com/gift/