Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using portage-2.2_rc33. And it has become smarter with every new
> release. Still, I don't understand why it's sometimes smarter than other
> times.
>
> In most cases now, it's able to handle cases where installed old
> packages which depend on, say, libXX-version-1, block emerging
> libXX-version-2 by unmerging the old version itself.
>
> But sometimes, like today when upgrading from various qt-...-4.5.1
> to qt-...-4.5.2 packages it produces tons of blockings which it
> cannot resolve itself.
>
> How can I help portage to resolve this blockings itself in a smart way?
> (trying to do
> emerge --keep-going -j2 -1 --ask --update --newuse --deep @system @world
> automatically.
> )
>
> Many thanks for a hint,
> Helmut.

Well, I have a question that may help.  I went through this upgrade and
it did fine.  Do you have anything qt in your world file?  You shouldn't
unless you are a developer that works with qt.  That's what I have read
anyway.

Another unrelated question.  Why do you have -j2 on the command?  If
that is the MAKEOPTS setting, why not have it in make.conf?  I also put
--keep-going in mine to save typing.

Dale

:-)  :-)