Hi guys,

until now I've been quite a KDE4 hater, but I'm willing to give it a try from
time to time. So I installed 4.3 parallel to my beloved 3.5.10 and was quite
pleased with it. However, I have repeating crashes of my entire X. Mostly it
happens when I open Konsole, the next often occasion is opening a menu (main
menu, context menu, you name it), but also only after a Konsole windows was
opened. All I see is a quick error message about glibc, then X restarts and
I'm back at kdm.

I use a laptop with a Geforce 7600 GPU, running on nvidia-drivers-180.60.
First I had 4.3.0 installed from main portage tree, but I had a faint
hope they would have fixed it by now, so I installed the live slot from
kde-testing. I already had this issue with older version.

Could anyone shed some light on this, please? One thing I can think of is to
disable 3D effects, but they're working quite well and it's the same with
*cough* Vista - they are the main reason for switching over from a previous
version.

TIA
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'