I have received a "flip video, ultra series (records 60 minutes)"
digital camcorder for a present.

This works fine on windows, but I would naturally much prefer to use
gentoo.  The windows software can presumably do a bunch of stuff but I
would be very happy to simply

* Copy video from the camera to the computer.
* Show, on the computer, video that has been copied on to the computer.
* Delete video from the computer.

I am reasonably experienced with gentoo, quite experienced with linux,
but a complete novice with digital video.

A google search suggests strongly that there is support on gentoo, but I
have yet to find a HOWTO and would greatly appreciate a pointer.

thanks,
allan