Am Samstag, 5. September 2009 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:

> > > There are lots of people mentioning interactivity problems on their
> > > Linux machines when compared to Windows or OS X.  It's not "1 in a
> > > thousand".
> >
> > I second that. My whole system becomes quite unresponsive if I only copy
> > a file of a couple of hundred MBs from an external HDD, say a video of
> > 600 MB. OK, it's only a relatively slow laptop HDD, but that shouldn't
> > happen nonetheless. (Gentoo sources with CFQ as standard IO  scheduler).
>
> retry without forced preemption, with Hz=300 and without noticks. Oh, and
> maybe without extX.

My current values for those are:
Preemptive (Low-Latency Desktop)
1000 Hz timer freq
Did you mean tickless system with "noticks"? I have this enabled ATM
And with extX I assume you meant the file systems? I'm aware that ext3 is not
very efficient with large files, but I can't/don't want to use ext4 yet
because I need to access the partition from windows.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Error 96: Found dead mouse in hard drive C: