Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 19 September 2009, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > > cleaner shutdown.  This is taken from a email that was sent to me during
> > > that horrible xorg-server and hal upgrade.

> > > I tried this once when I was unable to get my keyboard to respond to
> > > anything else.  I made it through the first three or four and was
> > > returned to a console with a working keyboard.  Since you are shutting
> > > down, you may want to go through them all to be safe.  I think the last
> > > one does a reboot.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > Dale
> > >
> > > :-) :-)
> >
> > Hi Dale,
> >
> > thanks a lot for your help!!!  :)
> >
> > This will help to bring donw the machine in an more
> > cleaner way as simply pressing the power switch ;-)
> >
> > But:
> > How can I figure out, what hangs the shutdown process itsself?
>
> Last time I came across a problem like this I had forgotten to select the
> right chipset under Graphics support/AGP Support/ in the kernel.  So I
> suggest you revisit your kernel and xorg drivers setups for your card.
> --
Hi.  I have a somewhat similar problem, when I shutdown it goes all the
way to the end, but instead of shutting down, it says
init: nomore processes left in this runlevel.  This is fine if I am
here, but from a remote location it would not work, so how can I figure
out why this is happening?  I think this started when I went to
baselayout 2, but not certain of that.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici