walt <w41...@gmail.com> [09-09-20 18:14]:
> On 09/19/2009 07:17 PM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> >walt<w41...@gmail.com>  [09-09-20 04:13]:

> >...but this "problem" was there long before the system cannot be
> >shutdown anymore and I think it is not clean but the root of all
> >evil....
>
> Well, in any case you should be able to eliminate those error messages
> if you delete /etc/asound.* and then repeat the alsactl store.

solfire:/home/mccramer>l /etc/asound.state
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10122 2009-08-06 18:05 /etc/asound.state
solfire:/home/mccramer>sudo rm -f /etc/asound.state
solfire:/home/mccramer>sudo alsactl store
alsactl: get_control:249: Cannot read control '2,0,0,Mic Capture Volume,0':
Invalid argument
solfire:/home/mccramer>