Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> > > No apparent ill effects. You now have the old, orphaned version of the
> > > library on your system and unknown to portage. Portage deletes these
> > > after emerge @preserved-rebuild has successfully re-emerged packages
> > > depending on it.

> > OK, so now I just have to root it out manually.....?

> Yes, qfile will help here

> qfile -o $(find /lib* /usr/lib*)

OK, I used Francesco's little script:

for i in $(find /lib* /usr/lib*) ; do qfile -o $i ; done

It worked like a charm, except there is a huge list?
It overfilled my scroll back, so below is a tiny snippet.
I'm weary  of removing so many files?
rm these files?

revdep-rebuild comes back clean. Check with another tool?
I already synced and updated, do again?
????

<snip>
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/html/HTMLElement.pyo
<snip>
/usr/lib64/libblas.a
/usr/lib64/libruby.so

James