On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:53:11 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> for i in $(find /lib* /usr/lib*) ; do qfile -o $i ; done
>
> It worked like a charm, except there is a huge list?
> It overfilled my scroll back, so below is a tiny snippet.
> I'm weary  of removing so many files?
> rm these files?
>
> revdep-rebuild comes back clean. Check with another tool?

revdep-rebuild checks for binaries built against non-existent
libraries, you are looking for surlpus libraries,so it won't help. You're
already using the correct tool, qfile.

> I already synced and updated, do again?
> ????
>
> <snip>
> /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/html/HTMLElement.pyo
> <snip>
> /usr/lib64/libblas.a
> /usr/lib64/libruby.so

Ignore the .pyo and.pyc files, they are created by ebuilds after
installation, so don't show up in the packages' contents. The .so files
certainly look guilty, but move them somewhere rather than deleting,
then run revdep-rebuild.

--
Neil Bothwick

Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)