Stroller writes:

> On 7 Oct 2009, at 18:38, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Rohit writes:
> >> I have seen a cable and a box (USB powered only) which used to make
> >> drives of one machine available to the other.
> >> It was available from scan.co.uk - 2 years back.
> >
> > I didn't find it there, but now that I looked for such a thing I
> > think I found a similar one. Thanks! Linux is not being mentioned, but
> > at least it says there are no drivers needed. I wonder how it would be
> > possible that two system use the system at the same time.
> > As the cable is cheap, I think I'll just get one and try it.
>
> Do you have a link for this, please?

Only in German:
http://www.pearl.de/a-PE187-1414.shtml?query=USB data link

It says there is no driver or software installation necessary. When
connected, a data transfer program will open automatically. Does this mean
there is some program that is executed automatically when connecting, or is
this just the usual Windows feature that opens a new drive and shows its
contents?

> I'm very unclear how this could be achieved without drivers.

Me too, after some thinking I believe this will not be what I need. How
would the cable know the location where to store data it receives from the
other client?

        Wonko