On Saturday 14 November 2009 21:32:39 Mick wrote:
> > Approach security a little more sanely and don't give untrusted users
> > root access? If you have to take steps to restrict the root account,
> > you need to rethink who has use of it. Preventing damage in the event
> > that the system does get compromised is one thing, but trying to
> > control someone who is given access to root on the software side is
> > the wrong approach, in my incredibly non-humble opinion.
>
> You are right of course, but in this particular case the guy who pays
>  wants  to have root access.

And you agreed to work like that?

So when he fucks things up good royal and proper, will he gladly accept his
shafting and pay you more to undo it? Or will he do the usual customer stunt
and blame you?

I only work under one of two conditions:

I am root and the customer is not.
The customer is root and I am not.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com