On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:47:37 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> Although I read of Intel's various firmware-problems with their SSDs, I
> tend to buy one of their 80GB X25-M G2 Postville SSDs.

I have the older 80MB (G1) and a new 160GB G2 for another machine just
arrived. The fixed TRIM-enabled firmware for the G2 should reappear soon
as well. Btw the problem with the previous version mostly affected Windows7.

> I definitely *know* that I will shake my head a few months later at how I

No you won't.

> I think of using that ssd for my gentoo-os-partition(s) and I wonder if
> one of you is already doing that. And I would like to hear of any
> problems/blockers/sensations this brings.

Been using one in my day-to-day workstation under both Windows and Gentoo
(with ext4). After 5 minutes you will fight anyone who would try to take
it away again to the death.

-h