José Romildo Malaquias <j.romi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do you mean a test without -V or -v ?
> >
> > Without -v, as in this case cdrecord does not read the drives buffer fill
> > ratio.
> > It seems that there is a bug in Pioneer firmware that is triggered by
> > calling
> > SCSI get buffer cap (0x5C)and that results in throwing away the DMA data.
>
> Good news!
>
> With the command (without using the -v option)
>
> $ script -f -c "cdrecord -V debug=2 -sao -eject speed=8 fs=256m
> driveropts=burnfree /var/tmp/image.iso" cdrecord.log
>
> cdrecord completed successfully. The sha1 sums (calculated in a
> different computer) for both the image and the recorded media are
> identical!

Then it seems that the drive developer is Pioneer. TEAC is out of normal
business sind 4 years but it may be that they are the OEM for drives developed
by Pioneer.

> Is it fixable?

Fixable would be updating the firmware in the drive.

As it seems that Pioneer drives are sold by many companies, it may be that I
need to find a suitable workaround for the bug.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)