On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Penguin Lover Marcus Wanner squawked:
> I tried to mount a floppy disk in my ~x86 gentoo system, but the /dev/fd0
> device is not there. In other words, I can't find the block device
> corresponding to my floppy drive. Where is it and what am I doing wrong?

You are using udev, I assume? Did you compile the IDE floppy support
into your kernel?

In this course we will of course make use of God's Units, namely
       h-bar = c = 1
but occasionally I will indulge myself in my personal addition to
those units, in the form of
       2 = -1 = pi = i = 1
please feel free to interject whenever you feel confused, and I will
make my best effort to clarify things.
   ~Prof. Herman Verlinde explaining the things.
    PHY 509, Intro to QFT, first lecture 09-12-03
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1105 days, 14:58