Hello list,

Someone not far from here has yanked his USB disk out of his computer once
too often, without unmounting it, and now the whole disk is shown as off-line
and inaccessible by his WinXP system. I'm trying to recover his data for
him, which is mostly music files.

Does anyone here know of a tool that can rebuild an NTFS directory
structure? I've tried several tools I found with Google, but the only one
that had any success has extracted hundreds of small text files and lots of
mp3 and other files, but with arbitrary names and no indication of how it all
hangs together. It doesn't look very useful to me.

It's a lesson hard learnt for the lad, of course, but the problem with that
is that it's another person's data, so any help would be gratefully
received.

--
Rgds
Peter