On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:02:51 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Is this some sort of LVM thing creeping in? I don't use it but I see
> signs of it starting to show up on my systems like something is making
> it come in with new profiles or something.
>
> I don't know how LVM works but I assume that rootfs and /dev/root have
> something to do with your main file system?

LVM can't just turn up with a profile change, you need to allocate
partitions to it, create volume groups, create volumes in them, put
filesystems on the volumes and so on. It doesn't just happen.

/dev/root is just a symlink to the real device containing the root
partition. ISTR it came in with openrc.

--
Neil Bothwick