On Friday 12 February 2010 21:38:21 pk wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > 1. Say stuff it and build a print server into your app. We stopped doing
> > that when DOS fell out of fashion.
> > 2. Support all possible print systems. lpr anyone?
> > 3. Or just use IPC and let dedicated print middleware deal with it.
>
> What's wrong with lpr?

Not all lot wrong with it really.

As long as you use printers from the era when lpr was written, it works just
fine.

Now go buy the kind of thing managers usually buy - some weird Chinese thing
no-one has ever heard of rebranded as an Olivetti where PCL 5 is the only
thing you realistically use to get it to print.

Use lpr with that. Let us know how that works out for you.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com