Sorry about the delay replying.  I'm having major problems upgrading
to kernel 2.6.31-r6.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 04:53:08PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:31:21 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:

> > XMMS followed
> > the original Unix philosophy... it did one thing did it right, namely
> > playing audio.
>
> Yes, and if you have a number of programs, each doing one job only,
> they need to be able to communicate in order to do the larger
> job. Imagine a building site where the bricklayers, plasterers,
> electricians an plumbers didn't talk to each other or the project
> manager.

- I run Firefox
- I go to live365.com and log in
- I click on an icon, and Firefox starts up an audio player, and passes
  it the appropriate URL.
- I start reading/writing emails, whilst enjoying music in my headphones

  The audio player needs to communicate with my email client because...?

> Neil Bothwick
>
> If it isn't broken, I can fix it.

  No comment.

--