On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 19:35, pk <pete...@coolmail.se> wrote:
> Andrey Vul wrote:
>
>> The real question here is why isn't radeon-ucode a dependency of
>> xf86-video-radeonhd ?
>
> Well, the radeon-ucode is only for r6xx/7xx chips so pulling it in for
> r5xx would be pointless... I just noticed that you have a radeon hd4200
> which is a RS880 chip. Not sure if this is supported yet. Does
> acceleration (2D/3D) work for you?

According to git, all the r7xx except for rs880 are on the
working/testing list. Which sucks, tbh: why did I bother to get
integrated when I could've gotten a better motherboard (with 1394
support) and a $50 graphics card?

What's the point of getting acceleration to work if the kernel can't
modeset correctly? Is it worth compiling radeon_drm + r700 fw into the
kernel?