On 02/23/2010 01:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 02/23/2010 12:26 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:11:40 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

I'm on KDE4 but I use Thunderbird for both Usenet (including this
mailing list through GMane's "mailing-list-to-Usenet" interface) and
email. I like the simplicity and using only one app for both.

Why are you passing the mail through a conversion gateway only to read it
in a mail client? Wouldn't subscribing directly be even more simple?

No, because then I would get all the mail in my inbox and I would be the
one responsible for filtering it; a total waste on bandwidth and my
time. GMane does that for me instead.

Just to make my point more clear:

  http://i50.tinypic.com/15ow2g8.png

All of these under the "GMane" groups are mailing lists, but they appear just like Usenet newsgroups. I can't imagine any easier way to easily deal with 30+ mailing list subscriptions.