On 2010-02-23, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> wrote:
> On 02/23/2010 01:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> On 02/23/2010 12:26 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>
>>> Why are you passing the mail through a conversion gateway only
>>> to read it in a mail client? Wouldn't subscribing directly be
>>> even more simple?
>>
>> No, because then I would get all the mail in my inbox and I
>> would be the one responsible for filtering it; a total waste
>> on bandwidth and my time. GMane does that for me instead.
>
> Just to make my point more clear:
>
>    http://i50.tinypic.com/15ow2g8.png
>
> All of these under the "GMane" groups are mailing lists, but they appear
> just like Usenet newsgroups.  I can't imagine any easier way to easily
> deal with 30+ mailing list subscriptions.

I too use Gmane to read all mailing lists, but I use a
dedicated news client (slrn) instead of a combined e-mail/news
client.  I definitely don't want all those e-mailes coming
through my in-box where _I've_ got to filter, sort, and archive
them. I'd much rather let gmane handle that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! BARBARA STANWYCK makes
                                  at               me nervous!!