On 2010-03-01 1:08 PM, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
> So layman users choosing alternative A. now may want to add a step;
> after moving the directory, put a soft link in the /usr/local/portage
> pointing to the new location; i.e.
>
> cd /usr/local/portage; ln -s /var/lib/layman layman

Thanks, I was planning on doing the same thing and glad to be validated...

Question: the news itme also mentioned the reason as something like
'layman violates the general rule that nothing in portage should touch
anything in /usr/local'...

Well... my local overlays (that I set up a long time ago) are there...
and portage obviously 'touches' those, so... should I move them as well?

--

Charles