On 03/01/10 13:26, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 03/01/2010 08:08 PM, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
(this is a rather obvious fix...)

eselect news has a new notice, advising of the pending change of the
presumed location of the layman directory from /usr/local/portage/layman
to /var/lib/layman. It offers three ways to deal with this location
change. I chose alternative A. (actually moving the directory and
updating make.conf and layman make.conf) and wanted to do it before I
forgot about it.

However, until layman is actually upgraded to version 1.3x, the
script/executable will reference /usr/local/portage/layman and fail. So
layman users choosing alternative A. now may want to add a step; after
moving the directory, put a soft link in the /usr/local/portage pointing
to the new location; i.e.

cd /usr/local/portage; ln -s /var/lib/layman layman

Or you can edit /var/lib/layman/make.conf and change the locations there.

That didn't work for me; the current layman script still references the old location; which is why I added the soft link.

The new 1.3x script will reference the new location. (though I suppose you could upgrade to 1.3 and avoid putting in the soft link)