Hi David‹Well, I do hope you read the comments under the article you
referred us to, and then about the issue from the perspectives of some other
reporters who did a bit of investigation. For example, see the following:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/15/goddard_arctic_ice_mystery/ and make
sure to read to the end where there is a response by the NSIDC scientist and
some discussion. It does appear that Archer (whose article was on Daily Tech
and so is his interpretation and not a report by a scientist at UIUC) jumped
to a conclusion far too soon, not being skeptical like all of us should be,
but instead picking out something that agreed with what he wanted to see.

Mike