Apologies to those who are not Dot Earth readers (and I *do*
encourage everyone to have a look)...

But just to make it clear to all, I do 98 percent of the comment
moderation on the blog (no easy task) and there is NO screening or
censorship (to the consternation of some, who feel the blog has been
taken over by "climate skeptics").

If a comment is on topic and constructive and polite, it gets published.

There *have* been significant technical glitches with a transition to
a new comment mechanism, so many comments have been lost (by folks of
all stripes). I always recommend keeping a copy of text instead of
writing the comment in the submission box. Then it can be emailed to
me as a backstop.