Nando etal:

1. I take a different message from the original article by Axel Kleidon - still
without a date to be published. The first material below is found at:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028063.300-wind-and-wave-energies-are-not-renewable-after-all.html?page=1

2 A draft version of the Kleidon article, submitted about three weeks ago, and
noted in the above article, is found at:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1103.2014

3. The article's message for me is not about wind and waves. It is about the
biosphere. Near the end (and I think that should be read first by many of us),
Kleidon calls for a doubling of NPP. This is a call consistent with the CDR
half of Geoengineering of main interest to you and I: Biochar. I believe his
conclusion is only marginally consistent with other parts of CDR or
Geoengineering.

4. I recommend all of his five diagrams - but especially the last several,
which are new me. All are expressed in TW rather than GtC/yr terms - but the
carbon implications are all spelled out.

5. I concur with your final comment below, as well - but believe we should look
at Kleidon's analysis primarily from the aspect of our global biosphere.

Ron