Hi Folks,

After reading Greg's post, I have spent some time looking into the
methane release being caused by "Fracking". Here is a link to a resent film
on the subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8 If you are
interested in the methane issue in general, I encourage you to take the time
to view this film. I do realize that any "media" based documentary is
subject to dispute and debate. However, I bring this to the group for 2
reasons.

1) These are the same oil fields that are being proposed for massive CO2
geological storage. Fracking is rapidly taking that option off the table. I
have never believed oil field CO2 sequestration was practical. However, this
type of information should raise profound questions about the entire concept
of geological CO2 sequestration.

2) The methane release (GHG effect) from such wide spread use of this
drilling method can equal all other anthropogenic GHG sources at
the regional level.

Fracking is a methane wild card which can not be ignored. And, oil field CO2
sequestration is in direct opposition to the current oil and gas industry
activities. I believe the question of; *Should the oil and gas industry be
relied upon at the geological time scale needed for massive CO2
sequestration?*, should be asked. The issue of fracking related pollution is
important and should not be ignored. However, the issue of paying this
industry to provided centuries of massive CO2 sequestration should be viewed
with skeptical eyes usually reserved for used car salesmen. I do apologize
to all used car salesmen for the comparison.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael