Ken, Bhaskar, list

1. I will respond separately to Bhaskar (and therefor truncate this message re
ISIS and biomass/O2).

2. I will respond separately to Ken's defense of Greenpeace received after this
.

3. Re Dr. Mae-Wan Ho - I wish that we could treat her remarks as a joke. I find
her opinions quite dangerous - because they are uninformed - especially in her
dismissal of everything climate related to biomass , and especially Biochar.

To really understand her material, you have to buy her figures and citations
(the test is generally free.. To find what they cost, you first have to become
a member of her group (which also provides a quarterly publication on almost
anything and everything labeled "sustainablity".) I am unwilling to join
anything with this publication policy. But I have seen (through a friend) her
citations on Biochar. They are obviously cribbed from other similarly
non-peer-reviewed anti-Biochar material. Not a joke.

4. She has a more recent 100% RE scenario, with essentially zero biomass (only
some biogas) (WWF/Ecofys is about 40% in a report with similar title.) But cold
fusion is in there. Not a joke.

5. Re O2, I certainly agree with Ken than the amount of lost O2 through
combustion (and sequestration) is vanishingly small. But she goes further with
Biochar, saying that char also eventually oxidizes (true). But the centuries to
millenia before that oxidation, and the increased growth above ground
apparently count for nothing with her. Dr. Ho is the only person I know (in
whole world) who says that Biochar removes O2. I hope someone can explain how
she can be correct in this assertion.

She also says accelerated O2 changes are primarily due to increased production
of biofuels (not mentioning fossil fuels, which gives me equal pause). However,
I consider her misdiagnosed direction of O2 change for Biochar more serious
than not understanding the small size of the reduced O2 changes that are
occurring.

She isn't discussing either aspect of O2 change as a joke.

Ron