Ken etal

1. This is mainly to say that Dr. Kallio was referencing Dr. Mae-Wan Ho, not
Greenpeace, re Oxygen depletion (your question below). I talked about her in my
last message and would rather not give her more publicity here on this same
topic. Anyone who can't find her quote, let me know.

2. But I think Greenpeace needs more discussion here. I have generally been a
supporter of Greenpeace - but I think they are as likely to be supportive of
Geoengineering as they are of biomass (respectively # 8 and #3 in Dr. Kallio's
list below. This is to hope we can figure out how to get this group turned
around - which I think is Dr. Kallio's hope as well.

3. I haven't found a specific lengthy reference by Greenpeace to Geoengineering
(#8), but re Biomass (#3) I am disappointed in the treatment (neglect) of
biomass in these two fairly recent Greenpeace reports:

http://www.greenpeace.org/canada/Global/canada/report/2011/10/ForestBiomess_Eng.pdf

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/Global/usa/report/2010/6/greenpeace-energy-r-evolution.pdf

4. I haven't yet looked at each in detail, but think they have paid zero
attention to the role of biomass (stored energy) in backing up the large
amounts of wind and solar they postulate. I also see nothing on biomass for
CDR. Is there any way we can get their attention on these two matters?

5. The WWF has taken a completely different (and very positive) view of biomass
- and I would guess on CDR. See:

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/climate_carbon_energy/energy_solutions/renewable_energy/sustainable_energy_report/

6. Are the WWF and Greenpeace talking to each other? Cany Ken or anyone
facilitate that dialog?

Ron