Andrew, et al.,

You may want to spend some time thinking about the use of a "Vacuum
Airship" as a means for aerosol delivery. Here is the Wiki;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_airship

It has a history that goes even further back than what is listed on the
Wiki page, but that is a side note.

The most resent proponent of the method was Kelly Johnson and here is a
Wiki page on him and his "Rules and Principles".

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/aeronautics/skunkworks/14rules.html

In the long run, the most cost effective system will eventually dominate. I
would place my bet on the eventual development on this type of long
duration high altitude craft for a few important reasons;

1) The needed hull technology is finally available.
2) The need for a dynamic buoyancy control, for either cloud removal or
aerosol injection, is simplified.
3) This can be easily scaled up and can carry out multiple tasks (com
relay, science, high altitude recreation).
4) This is not nearly as fragile as a typical balloon.
5) This type of hull can last centuries.

This type of old technology can be competitive with any current methods you
have proposed, in my humble opinion.

Michael

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*