1. I thought this list had a very useful dialog a few months ago on the CDR
technology called Direct Air Capture (DAC - sometimes "Artificial Trees"). I
have just become aware of an invitation-only meeting on this topic - hosted by
the group "ISEEE" at the University of Calgary on March 6 and 7. A preliminary
agenda is available at:
http://www.iseee.ca/dacs/

2. Two useful recent descriptions of the dialog are given at:

http://www.economist.com/node/21550241
and
http://www.marcgunther.com/2012/03/11/direct-air-capture-of-co2-is-becoming-a-business-for-better-or-worse/

3. Marc Gunther also had an article on the major DAC companies just as the
meeting was starting at:
http://chimalaya.org/2012/03/06/rethinking-carbon-dioxide-from-a-pollutant-to-an-asset/

4. I gather from this material that Prof. Socolow was under considerable
pressure to lower his (and APS') decidedly negative projection on costs. I
wonder if any list member in attendance can comment on this controversy - that
was covered nicely on this list.

5. I also gather there was considerable unhappiness in the present emphasis of
all (?) of these DAC companies away from CDR - and instead on to uses of the
captured CO2 for enhanced oil/gas production and for combination with H2 for
appreciably lower carbon footprint fuel production. Any comments on these
aspects - or any other part of the meeting?

Thanks in advance for any additional information.

Ron