Drs. Gordon, Bhaskar and list:

1. This is first to follow up on Dr. Bhaskar's request to Dr. Gordon, hoping
that he will answer his yesterday-question below asking you to explain the : "
variety of possibilities to explain the warming ..." [I have highlighted it and
3 others below]
I believe that you are on a list where any non-CO2 response will be quite
clinically rebutted. I urge you to check out those "possibilities" at
www.skepticalscience.com before giving them here. I hope you can then join the
"believer" (CO2-causation) group in as the only one that I find can't be
readily rebutted (as done at the several sites given below)..

2. But mostly I am asking a new question - to give a citation for your earlier
sentence below :
" The global increase has been about 5 degrees C for the last 10,000 years or
about 0.0005 per year and 0.05 degrees for the past 100 yea rs
I follow a lot of denier literature and have never seen this one - I doubt it
can even be found at "skeptical science". Yes, one can find a lower temperature
roughly10,000 years ago and probably of even greater than 5 degrees C. But at a
slightly later time, it was higher than today and has been mostly declining
until the last century or so. The same decline (but faster slope) is seen in
all of the 100,000 year Milankovitcch cycles. To take recent high temperatures
and a lower value 10,000 years ago to find an average positive slope is an
approximation beyond mathematical credibility.
For my side of the story, I ask you to read :

a. http://www.skepticalscience.com/heading-into-new-little-ice-age.htm
(has considerable data showing declining temperatures due to Milankovitch
cycles

b. A figure at comment #217 will be recognized as the "Hockey stick" at
http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php?p=5&t=258&&a=53
All declining temperatures until recently - and these not as rapidly declining
as in ALL earlier cycles.

c. Excellent set of response comments by Bill Ruddiman to his also excellent
original short "paper" at
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2011/04/an-emerging-view-on-early-land-use/

I saw only a few denier comments there.

d. My Geoengineering (CDR; biochar) reason for being interested in this topic
is explicated by Erich Knight at comments #69, 90, 95 at
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2011/04/an-emerging-view-on-early-land-use/comment-page-2/#comments

Again, I ask for a citation for your view of this same time period.

3. If you find you have erred on the above two points, I'd be interested in
knowing if you still stand by your two terms following the two repeated above:
"...it is sheer stupidity in the extreme. " and " CO2 freaks "

4. I have also highlighted below a few of your Friday-remarks - and wonder if
you care to take any of those back as well?

Ron