List and 3 ccs :

I just came across today this 2 minute video that addresses (demolishes?):the
constant recent temperature argument
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_0JZRIHFtk

I don't have the background to know if the modifications were done correctly,
but there must be many on this list who could comment.

Does such a modified (now non-flat) experimental temperature data line say
anything about the capabilities of climate modelers and/or about climate
sensitivity?

Ron

----- Original Message -----
From: euggor...@comcast.net
To: em...@lewis-brown.net
Cc: "andrew lockley" <andrew.lock...@gmail.com>, "geoengineering"
<geoengineering@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:53:05 AM
Subject: Re: [geo] Carbon dioxide hits a new high, but geo-engineering won’t
help - Steve Sherwood

Emily:

Good point.

It is also true that at 400 ppm the global temperature has not increased by
several degrees as it did way back (temperature units not given) yet 3-5
million years ago the same concentration presumably produced a much larger
temperature increase if the units are Celsius. So there is an inconsistency.

The basic problem is that it is not yet clear how the global temperature
increase and the CO2 concentration increase track and in fact the the tracking
constant for current CO2 warming seems to vary with time although few doubt
there is a monotonic relationship; i.e.. they both go up but not in step and
accurate prediction may prove to be well into the future. From current data CO2
increase would appear to not be the only temperature driver.

--gene