Thanks, Andrew. A couple of comments:
As far as I know, Marchetti (1977), not David Keith, was the "father of the
term
'geoengineering'"

I thought Klaus Lackner, not David Keith, is known as the father of the
"artificial tree".

Capturing excess air/ocean CO2 "for mere pennies per ton" would indeed be
welcomed news, especially if more than a few percent of this captured carbon
were permanently stored. I look forward to seeing those "200 million discrete
measurements of the ocean environment and the bloom" that supposedly will prove
this hypothesis, assuming these haven't vanished along with George's departure
from the project.

As for restoring salmon, it would seem that the Haida Gwaii have voiced there
opinion by terminating George.

"Dreams" indeed.

I think all of this is very unfortunate because I share George's belief that
the
ocean could play a much bigger role than it already does in consuming our
excess
CO2, though I don't share his (and other's) insistence that leaky and
unpredictable marine biology should do the heavy lifting.  But whatever your
marine method of choice, George's attempts at large-scale pirate science will
now make it more difficult for those wishing to conduct legitimate, open,
scientific research on this topic. This is a situation that, with options and
time dwindling, truly "we cannot afford".

-Greg