From: David Appell <david.app...@gmail.com>
To: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Cc: m2des...@cablespeed.com
Sent: Sun, June 2, 2013 10:55:22 AM
Subject: Re: [geo] Re: Meanwhile, in CDR news...

Mark:

I have an article in this month's Physics World magazine that answers some of
these questions:

“Mopping Up Carbon,” Physics World, June 2013, pp. 23-27.
http://www.davidappell.com/articles/PWJun13Appell-air_capture.pdf

David

On 6/2/2013 8:05 AM, Mark Massmann wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone can respond to these questions:
>
> I could be missing this, but how long is it estimated to take for the devices
>to capture each ton of CO2? If the systems were installed to capture coal
>plant
>emissions, I'd imagine that the capture rate would be maximized. However
>installing the systems outside of those sources might lower the capture rate
>the point that the system becomes impractical (i.e. like installing a wind
>farm
>in a location that's simply not windy enough on average)

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/geoengineering?hl=en.