List  cc Drs Richter and Bonnelle

1.  On 28 February, Dr. Bonnelle sent the list (and others) a notice of his
preparing a manuscript for COP21.  I responded and yesterday received a new
copy of that.  Some of you may wish to ask him for the revised version.

2.  At the same time, I received the following message from Dr.  Richter, a
colleague of Dr. Bonnelle,  because I had also asked about solar towers.  I
have since read the very long open source article (>300 citations) which is at
the site given below.  There is a lot on solar towers, but also much more.
The full citation is:

Ming, Tingzhen, Renaud de_Richter, Wei Liu, and Sylvain Caillol. "Fighting
global warming by climate engineering: Is the Earth radiation management and
the solar radiation management any option for fighting climate
change?."Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 31 (2014): 792-834.

3.   This seems to be an important article for this list,  based on these
quotes from the article:

a.  " But as this review is the first to propose the concept of longwave energy
removal methods, a careful evaluation and examination by other scientists is
necessary, recommended and highly desirable. "

 b.     "This paper shows that geoengineering is not the last resort against
global warming and that other strategies might help to solve the current
problems without the need to just buy time by relieving GW symptoms without
addressing the ocean acidification problem, nor the CO2 accumulation in the
atmosphere."

4.   There is only a tiny bit in here on CDR, so this is not an article for
those of us primarily interested in the CDR side of Geo.  The article should be
of interest to SRM proponents, as this article's authors would not be called
fans of SRM.
      One big difference for me is being forced to now say that the non-CDR
side of Geo is ERM as well as SRM.  There is a lot here also on "unusual"
renewable energy.

5.  The 5 minute video mentioned below is a good synopsis of this very recent
article - which I suspect will be new "Geo" information for many.

Ron

    <snip 3 messages not on topic>